Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another late entry


Here's an account of my trip to the Museo de Bellas Artes (the Museum of Fine Arts). I went there on a Sunday morning when entry costs a voluntary donation (i.e. free). The works displayed were a mixture of classical and modern forms. In the middle of my visit, a woman came up to me and told me in a pleasant manner that photography was prohibited ( ???? ninguna ???? por favor).





What's that you said? I don't understand Spanish.
No 'fotografias'.
Oh, sorry.
Where are you from?
Japan.
Do you find the art here nice?
Yes.
Are you studying here?
Yes.
Where? In a university?
Yes.
Which university?
Yes...uh...I mean Santiago.
Oh, that's nice. Do enjoy your stay here.
Thank you.
At least that's how I hope the conversation went. I went on to take more pictures after that.
'Nuff said. I'll just chuck all my pictures here because I don't have time to do a detailed writeup today. Not that anyone gets awed by my writing anyway.

Entrance Hall

Entrance Hall - Second Floor

Entrance Hall - Second Floor

Fragmented Horse Bust

La Miseria by Ernest Concha


















Dafne y Cloe by Virginio Arias

















El Descendimiento by Virginio Arias


Nacimiento de Venus by Raul Valdivieso

El Nino de la Espina by Autor Desconocido


Disturbing.


Bizarre.

Amusing.

Mural de Moldes de Pulpa de Papel y Piedra Grabada




















Instalacion Linea de Tiempo


Basement gallery of artist victims of Pinochet's regime. You can see each of their photographs superimposed on their art.

El Dia Es Un Atentado by Roberto Matta

Dormimus en Manhattan I by Nemesio Antunez


El Pragmatico Visitante by Ricardo Irarrazaval


Magdalena en Penitencia by Alfredo Valenzuela Palma



Can't remember the title, but it is amusing.




No comments: